Sunday, September 23, 2012

My MBTI

From my MBTI results, I found out that I was an ISTJ: Introversion, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging. These results mean that I am usually seen by others as calm, serious, orderly, logical, orderly, and traditional. Not much of these results came surprising to me except a few things.

If I had to take a guess at my systematic ways when coming to school work, I would consider them more messy and unorganized, but effective for the most part. This varies from my MBTI results, because according to them, I am orderly and structural. Although  I agree that I try to apply a more structural system to my life, it tends to fall off track when it comes to my school work. That being said, I have been called a perfectionist before as well.

When rating my personal thoughts vs. my test results, they were identical, excluding the Sensing/Intuition category. Guessing my type, I chose Sensing, but my test results showed I leaned toward Intuition slightly more. This was also my closest category by far, with just 1 more point toward Intuition over Sensing, which would explain the difference in results (that I was unsure of my type).

Overall, I think my results are pretty accurate, and you could say I am satisfied with them.  I would like to agree that I am dependable, and do have strong ties to my family, as my results would support. I also learned that one of the most common categories in the Myers-Briggs for 2012 Hixson Scholars is the category I belong to, ISTJ.

2 comments:

  1. We are from two of the most common types. Mine is ESFJ, which means that we receive our energy and process in very different ways. I also have close ties and commitment to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a one point difference in my sensing/intuition category, but I leaned in the opposite direction. That is interesting

    ReplyDelete